Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It’s Summer and It’s the Best Time to Get Circumcised

Today is the day that our son gets circumcised, it is hygienic and easier to clean than not. I’m the one who accompanied my son instead of hubby who is an OFW abroad. I am not comfortable with it but I have no choice, there’s no one will and it’s about time that he get circumcise or else he will be left behind from his friends or classmates.


My son is determined and wanted to get it done as soon as possible so he wouldn't worry about it or to think about it. But as soon as he is in the table and gets cut by nurse he started to cry and overwhelmed with the pain. This is my first time to see how it is done and I am still in shocked probably because I saw him how he tries his very best not to cry but he did anyway lol. I am just mumbling over and over at him to just let it go, it will be over and after this no more pain, and that his friends is already cut, you won't be teased by them.

Anyway, I lied when I tell him the pain will be over because as soon as we get home the numbness of anesthesia is gone and the more pain he felt in you know. The medical prescription is just amoxicillin which will be taken 3 times a day and mefenamic acid if pain is unbearable.


How to clean the circumcised wound?

Actually I don’t know how but nurse said it need to be clean every morning but don’t know the details about it. He also said to just wet it water if the wound becomes sticky, so good luck to me tomorrow as I will be the one who will clean it. I also bought betadine with 10 % antiseptic solution the one that says no sting, painless and gentle on kids. But upon googling about cleaning wound they said Vaseline helps clean the wound but still skeptical about it and will take on consideration if the wound takes time to heal.

So how about your kids, did they circumcise too this summer? Please comment some advice for a first time experience mom like me.


1 comment:

  1. NO. circumcision is a genital mutilation
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/uncircumcisedfilipinos/info

    don't do it what it does demolish the sexuality of the guy
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/03/prweb512999.htm

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your feedback!