Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What should we do when we reach 60?

What will you do at age 60?

question mark
Have you thought about this before or did I give you a light bulb to think about it? Maybe you are retired by then having grand children or traveling to places you’ve never been to. Sixty (60’s) for me is the tipping point of life and anytime by then we should be ready for anything like slowdown from work, getting sick from time to time or developing complications from diabetes, cancer, high blood and etc.


But of course who would want that to happen in their life that’s why many are preparing for their future. They eat healthy, exercise, regimen to stay strong and try anything to avoid catching disease, and if  lucky they consume their insurance for medication or their wealth to stay alive and healthy.

Thoughts on retirement.

retirement

And if you survive the age of sixty and still going strong what will do then? I had a chance to make a conversation with my Auntie. She is already retired from teaching Math in Elementary. I was told that she consumed most of her time in gambling of mahjong and though she wins several times she often lose money in this hobby. Half of her pension goes in gambling while the remaining is for grocery, bills and medication; she also suffers diabetes and need to maintain her insulin intake.

I’m thinking that I don’t want to immerse into gambling too when I reach 60, it looks like she won’t stop this crazy hobby because there is nothing to do in her life. I wanted my life to be useful and beneficial to others.

Plan at 60’s.

I need to plan for my life because I’m already halfway through it. I don’t want to learn gambling or gossiping just to kill my time. I’d rather be a gadget techie and play whenever I want by that time, bonding with my grand children or helping my offspring guiding their life. I will also invest and buy numerous books that I haven’t read for such a long time that I am too busy while working at home. I will also make use of this time to serve more in church and charity; hopefully I’m still healthy at that time and enjoying life.

Time is so fast, it is sometimes a traitor and we need to have a contingency plan whatever happens in our future. Do not sit and just wait for it to arrive, meet your goals, and prepare for your future. Don’t expect some help to depend from relatives and family. Or you will end up just waiting the end doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your feedback!