Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sautéed Bataw (Hyacinth bean)

Hi guys here in the province bataw grows anywhere as long as you make some framework for it to cling on, it will grow and can give you an instant meal once it's started to yield. This is a vegetable recipe I learnt from my parents because it only needs 3 to 4 ingredients that includes garlic, onion, bataw and pork which is optional.

But this vine is also seasonal and sometimes it is more practical to just buy it in the public market like what I did last week. I bought ¼ or 250 grams of bataw for just Php 20.00 only and I also bought ¼ of pork meat, for me the taste is good with a presence of meat but if you are vegan you can skip it.

The cooking of bataw is just simple as sautéing all the ingredients with a little broth of water. Once cook this is perfect combination with the hot rice. Even my son love it too, he really enjoy his meal last week when I cook this and sorry I didn’t have time to captured it on cam for we can’t wait to eat it immediately.


Bataw is known as Hyacinth bean in English and has scientific name of Lablab purpureus. I don’t know if this vine grow in other countries but probably it grows only in a tropical country like ours, the Philippines. Maybe you can find this in the vegetable section of grocery that caters imported vegetable; I know that malunggay leaves are being exported so I guessed bataw is no exception to it.

bataw-Hyacinth-bean-Lablab-purpureus

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your feedback!