Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I’d rather go hungry than ……

Congratulations to the one who make a post about the “I’d rather go hungry than eat Filipino food again” blog, because now you are gaining fame, traffic and perhaps money in your adsense account. I just feel sorry that your post has to face some consequences because most pinoys are sensitive when it comes to their own, culture and traditions and worst of all most of them now are connected to social media like Facebook and Twitter. I’m actually worried that you might be end up getting bully but of course I know that most pinoys who are connected to the internet is more professional and educated so don’t worry it won’t happen anyway.

I am not writing this just to bash you back because I admit that some phrase in your article is true but that doesn’t mean I’ll agree to the whole post of yours. I see that you posted some carinderia, street food, public market and I am actually laughing at your breakfast. Seriously as a regular pinoy , we don’t eat banana, ponkan and apple in the morning but we do serve with hot pandesal (traditional bread in the morning) and hot coffee for average pinoy earner and if you order breakfast in a decent restaurant usually they will give you fried rice together with all kinds of fried like eggs, longganisa, tocino or beef. You should first contact a local travel and food blogger if I were you before doing it on your own and make a negative post about it.

Anyway, it looks like you haven’t visited all the major tourist destination and I suggest that you make some contact first to other travel bloggers in your next visit so they can guide you to the best expectations you have in your mind.

Back to my intention why I am writing this post, I wanted to give an unsolicited advice to everyone who wished to travel and visit other country. Always expect for the worse scenario and try to embrace their culture and way of life. Do make your researches first and possibly contact a guide before you get there. It is not really easy to live in other’s country we’re not used to live with but we are the one should adapt it and not the people who live in that place.  And oh I’d rather go hungry than to gain enemy lol.

If you want to read the article I’drather go hungry than to eat Filipino food, click the link but a little warning from me, if you’re sensitive person please don’t because it  will give you a negative mood lol.


Instead I wanted you to read a foreign blogger's response by Nathan Allen of I dreamed of this, where he cited his thoughts to "I’d rather go hungry" girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your feedback!