Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Re-growing green leafy onions

Hi guys, I happened to saw this post in my Facebook wall and I thought it will be great also if I share this to you. This is actually re-growing green onion at our home. I think this is a great idea to grow our own onion when we only need just a portion of it to add some taste in our dishes. 

Well you can buy it at the grocery store or in the market but it is usually comes in a pack and you can’t buy a retail of this; ending is some just go to waste. So why not make your own when you have some extra green leafy onions and try to plant it in a nice small pot. Well according to the pic it can also be a great decorative in the dining table or in the kitchen.
 
Re-growing-green-leafy-onions
image credit to the owner

Here are the steps I got from http://martysgardencommunity.ning.com/


1. Simply cut 2-3 inches from the bottom of the scallions.
2. Next get a cute dish and fill with rocks, pebbles or seaglass like I used.
3. Place your cut scallions in and water daily.
4. Sit back and watch your green onions grow!





1 comment:

We love to read your feedback!